Stop Judgments and Wage Garnishments

Dealing with financial difficulties is difficult enough without also having to deal with a court judgment or wage garnishment. One of the easiest ways to stop judgments and wage garnishments is by filing for bankruptcy.

Most people have two options when it comes to filing for bankruptcy-Chapter 7 bankruptcy and Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Filing for bankruptcy puts an immediate halt on a court judgment or wage garnishment through an automatic stay. If you are dealing with creditors that won’t allow you to make payment arrangements and resort to aggressive collection tactics, it might be a good time to consider bankruptcy.

Court Judgment

A court judgment can occur if you default on any outstanding accounts, such as credit cards or medical bills. When a court judgment is received, creditors are given permission to take money out of your earnings until the debt is repaid. This process is called wage garnishment.

If you are worried about a court judgment or are currently experiencing wage garnishment, don’t wait to ask for help. Contact The Law Offices of Theron D. Morrison to speak with a qualified bankruptcy lawyer and get the harassment to stop.

Bankruptcy Options in Utah

Filing for bankruptcy in Utah is a good way to stop harassing phone calls, threatening letters from creditors, or wage garnishment from a court judgment. At our law firm in Utah we deal with many people in situations like yours and can help you decide if bankruptcy is the best option for you.

We offer a free consultation with one of our bankruptcy lawyers to walk you through your options and determine if bankruptcy is a viable option to provide you with financial relief. Once you decide to file for bankruptcy, we can help you determine if Chapter 7 bankruptcy or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is going to best suit your financial circumstances.

Get Help Today!

Let us help you start on the path to financial recovery. Contact us to set up an appointment at any one of our locations in Ogden, Sandy, St. George, or Logan, Utah.